I would like each section to have a Google Calendar on their page.
This can be used to save the weekly programme and any other notable dates.
It is good because then you as a leader can update the event in your calendar (on your phone!) and the website is automatically updated. AND, if parents have subscribed themselves to this calendar, it will also update the entries in their own calendars. Theoretically, no more emails about Programme changes and dates etc!
So we need someone to be in charge of the calendar for each section.
Rather than create a new Google account, I have added the 4th Bramshill Cubs Calendar to my existing Google Account, which I have then linked to this website.
Please follow the below instructions for how to do this:
Step 1: Create a new calendar
Step2: Make this calendar Public
Step 3: Get the Calendar Address for your public calendar
- On a computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings > Settings.
- Open the Calendars tab.
- Click the name of the calendar you want to share.
- In the Calendar Address section, click the ICAL button.
- A window with your calendar’s public web address will appear. Copy this link to share your calendar.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Calendar’s public address and I will then integrate it into your section’s page.