This page lists everything a Scout will need for meetings, hikes or camps.
Scout Kit List
- Full Uniform – Always to be worn when travelling to and from camps and meetings unless told otherwise.
Camping Kit List
- Rucksack (lined with a large bin bag to waterproof it)
- Daysack for trips out & hikes
- Sleeping Bag, ideally packed in a waterproof ‘stuff sack’
- Blanket / Pillow – not essential, but advisable
- Foam or self inflating roll mat (No lilos or similar!)
- ‘T’ shirts for activities (4th Bramshill activity T-shirts are perfect!)
- Jumpers, Gloves, Warm Hat, Sun Hat (according to the weather). It can get cold at night even if it is warm in the day.
- Shorts (according to the weather)
- Underclothes (one set per day)
- Socks (one pair per day)
- Waterproofs Jacket AND Waterproof trousers
- Strong trousers
- cord, track suit bottoms, or cotton/polyester combat-type
- (Scout Trousers are PERFECT for this. Jeans are NOT. Please do not bring JEANS to camp!)
- Fleece or similar coat.
- The secret of keeping a constant comfortable body temperature is multiple thin layers which can added/removed as required, such as T-shirts, Sweat-shirts, fleeces, etc.
- Boots / strong shoes suitable for hill walking
- I cannot emphasise enough how important good boots are.
- Only bringing a pair of Trainers IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH for camp!
- Torch & Spare Batteries
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Insect repellent, sun cream
- Knife, Fork, Spoon, Mug, Plate, Bowl, Water Bottle
- Wash Kit (Soap, Tooth Brush & Paste, Flannel, deodorant)
- Extra old pair of trainers for water activities – where applicable
- Tea Towel
- bin bag for dirty clothes
ALL kit should be marked with the owners name. The leaders cannot be responsible for items lost or mislaid by Scouts.
Items NOT allowed at camp or when walking / hiking are:
- Jeans / Denims (they get wet/cold easily and stay wet/cold)
- Mobile Phones